Lakes Proud is a collaboration of the Brainerd Lakes, Crosslake, Cuyuna, Nisswa, and Pequot Lakes Chambers of Commerce to grow our regional economy. We want to create an understanding that it matters where consumer and business dollars are spent. It’s a buy local campaign with Lakes flair!
Success simply requires an unwavering belief that your money pays for much more than a single purchase. A few dollars may be just a drop in the economic bucket, but it still fills our bucket. And eachdrop can create positive ripples throughout our communities. (Longing for more water metaphors?) Working together with thousands of others, you can make waves, change the current, raise the tide, and proudly set sail for a brighter future.
That’s the mission of Lakes Proud…to grow the regional economy by creating an understanding that it matters where consumer and business dollars are spent.
Take the pledge
Join the movement. All it takes is changing a single monthly purchase to support a business you believe in.
Who’s behind this?
What began as a simple conversation between business owners in 2013, has swelled into something much bigger. The Small Business Development Center at St. Cloud State University and Central Lakes College helped to complete preliminary feasibility research in 2014. A partnership with these folks and five local Chamber in 2015 has resulted in a collaborative effort to grow a healthier, more vibrant lakes region. On September 17, 2015 we officially launched Lakes Proud at a business summit and kick-off event. Check out some great photos from that afternoon!
The Lakes Proud Committee currently includes these fine folks:
- John Landsburg, Landsburg’s Landscape Nursery – Committee Chair
- Kelly Burns, CTC
- Kristin Larsen, Charter/Spectrum Reach
- Leo Miller, Brainerd Dispatch
- Chris Quisberg, Cub Foods
- David Quisberg, Holiday Station
- Leisa Thill, Widseth Smith Nolting
- Rachal Wolthuizen, Bremer
- HollyRose Mcknight, Roundhouse Brewery
- Nick Miller, Three Cheers Hospitality
- Amanda McGregor, Nisswa Chamber
- Brielle Bredsten, Cuyuna Chamber
- Cindy Myogeto, Crosslake Chamber
- Katie Wassermann, Pequot Lakes Chamber
- Matt Kilian, Brainerd Chamber
- Trisha Reilley, Brainerd Chamber
Interested in Lakes Proud gear?! We’ve teamed up with GLS Promotions to provide Lakes Proud-branded or co-branded materials such as roll-up banners, t-shirts, sweatshirts, polo shirts, suction cup signs, totes, etc. For prices and more info, take a look at this PDF or contact Dawn directly.